Security BSides London 2016 Attendee Code-of-Conduct
BSides London is a conference by the information security community, for the information security community. Facilitating a pleasant atmosphere for all attendees is a core aim of the BSides London organisers and as an attendee you agree to be bound by the BSides London Attendee Code-of-Conduct.
Purpose of this Code-of-Conduct
- To ensure a constructive, inclusive and pleasant atmosphere for all volunteers and attendees of the BSides London conference.
- To ensure that all attendees know what behaviour they have a right to expect from other attendees, volunteers and organisers.
- To ensure that all attendees know what behaviour is expected of them whilst attending BSides London.
Respect for Others
- treat the organisers and volunteers with respect and follow any instructions given. The BSides London volunteers and organisers have given up a significant amount of time to facilitate this conference for the benefit of the attendees
- respect the presenters, do not talk among yourselves during their presentations, ensure you mobile phones are muted or switched up and once you’re inside a presentation, avoid leaving until the end so as to minimize disruption to the other attendees and the presenter. Heckling and constant harassment of presenters will not be tolerated.
- asking questions is what makes this a community, but respect the presenter’s method to handling questions during any presentation and allow other attendees the opportunity to ask questions.
- treat all present at the conference fairly and equally.
- not discriminate unlawfully against any person.
- allow others to express themselves and understand that all views are important even if they are not the same as your own - as long as no offence is caused even if unintentionally.
BSides organisers reserve the right to determine what constitutes reasonable behaviour and the right to restrict admission to the conference.
An attendee must:
- Understand, respect and act at all times without prejudice to race, age, ethnic origins, disability, gender, physical and mental health, religion, sexuality or cultural background.
- Understand that all forms of discrimination, including bullying and harassment are unacceptable.
- Listen to and adhere to the organiser’s and volunteer’s instructions.
If you are having an issue with any BSides London attendee of ANY badge type, find a radioed member BSides London organiser or volunteer. They will call our Response Team, who will take an official incident report and determine next steps.